[( THE AVENGERS )]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[( THE AVENGERS )]

Our Fun Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Words of Wisdom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Widow - Admin
Admin
Black Widow - Admin

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Wink My parents told me about Common Sense early in my life and told me I would do well to call on her when making decisions. It seems she was always around in my early years but less and less as time passed by. Today I read her obituary. Please join me in a moment of silence in remembrance, for Common Sense had served us all so we! ll for so many generations.

Obituary
Common Sense

To day we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old she was since her birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. She will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not child! ren are in charge).

Her health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened her condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot She spilled a little in her lap, and was awarded a huge settlement.!

Common Sense was preceded in death by her parents, Truth and Trust; her husband, Discretion; her daughter, Responsibility; and her son, Reason. She is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know my Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended her funeral because so few realized she was gone. If you still remember her, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
Back to top Go down
https://theavengersforum.darkbb.com

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:53 pm

In the world of today, people love to say Whatever. It's like something that makes me want to strangle that person. I noticed, that when ever a person get cornered they start saying: "Whatever", does this mean that they don't have a comeback??

Also something that bothers me is how the younger people of today don't read, they would rather play games or chat on their cellphones. I think it's something that needs to get addressed, because reading is very good for you, it increases your general knowledge and teaches you new things. Like for instance on MXit (a chat site that we have in SA) we have roleplay battles and according to everybody I'm the best, but if you look at those people's backgrounds they only read when they are forced to read, while I read for fun and relaxation. In a way I think that the world is suffering from it and that the average person's knowledge (maybe IQ?) is dropping and when a person start to whatevering me, I realise that they are a product of the new trend.

People's lack of humor also bothers me, it's so weird to watch a comedy in a packed cinema and being the only person who actually catches the joke and laughs. So maybe we as human race are declining? Going into safety zones and letting our standards slip? I don't know, but what I do know, is that if something drastic doesn't happen we are going to end up with one hell of a problem
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:13 pm

WoW, that is so true Wolverine. I hate the WHATEVER too. I beleive it is said as they have no intelectual comeback. punish Reading is very important. I have always said when they took the 3 R's out of schools we all would suffer from that mistake. Reading Writing And Arithmatic. We now have kids coming out of college or university who can't read, spell or do basic math. OMG the world is goin to hell in a handbasket to coin a phrase here or (going to crap) lol! As far as humor, i enjoy laughter. I make it part of my daily routine. Laughter is a stress reliever and also good for the muscles in the face. As thet say "Laughter is good medicine"!

So next time someone say's WHATEVER to you just say Whatever what? lol!
Back to top Go down
Storm
Overseerer
Storm

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:07 pm

GOD. i HATE 'whatever'. its like i'd go out with a group of my frens for dinner. and everyone is deciding on their food. and i'll turn to the next person beside me to ask what she/he is having. then they'll give me a blank look and say... 'uhhh... whatever'. i'll look at him/her and say 'how bout dog food or cat food? that okay for you?'. i mean HELLO! is it so bloody hard to look at a menu and pick out ONE food that you'd eat?!.
BUT... the word whatever is a good comeback for stupid/lame/non-sensible comment. i'd onli use it when someone makes a really really stupid comment just to push my buttons for no reason. id say 'yeah man... whatever floats ur boat.' and i'll walk away. but what i hate is when ppl start to make an argument and realize that they are on the losing side and start to go 'Whatever'. thats just plain stupid.

i gotta say... i agree with the whole laughing in the cinema thing. its rare here to see/hear ppl laugh to an INTELACTUAL joke that has been made. its like ppl expect jokes to be straight forward funny. jokes that makes them have THINK even for just a second seem to be TOO hard to process. its sad that thats happening. i for one am more for interlactual jokes rather then those Lame jokes that ppl seem to dish out more often then needed.
Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:20 am

There is a bit of a strange thing about the whatever is that I like the song named "Whatever" by Our Lady Peace. I started liking the song when Chris Benoit "The Rabid Wolverine" started to use it for his entrances. The song stuck and one day I had to find out with a shock that the song is named "Whatever", but lukily it's based on the lyrics:
"Whatever you want, whatever you need, whatever, I'll take back again" and that is part of the chorus so you hear it quite a lot.

You know I've been thinking, a child doesn't need to read a book, look how much they love comics. Not to be funny or anything, but I learned a word in a comic book which helped me to get full points in a spelling test. They last mystery word was: alley. I was one of the three who got it right, so if books fail, try comic books, it still tells a story, activates the imagination and is good clean fun for twenty minutes per book. That's unless you read LOBO.

The world needs leaders who can read, write and calculate and where are we going to start but with the children? Maybe we should start a petition that children must read 3 pages per day lol!
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Hmmmmmmmm, reading is reading in my book! study lol! I remember way back they had a reading system in schools that was a color coded system and you had to read so many per week. It was kinda like the more you read the higher color codes went and bonus points. Imagination is a powerful thing !!! We all need a good one as it benefit's the brain in all kinds of ways. sunny cheers We just need to get back to the basic's of the 3 R's. elephant
Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:55 pm

I got a dislike in adults in St 8 (Grade 10) , we got told that the top 3 readers in the Eng class will get an additional 15% added to their year end total. It never happened, but I did read a lot of good books in that year.

Say Black Widow you seem like somebody who would be able to help me. I'm looking for a series of paperbacks, all I can remember is that the title was Phoenix and that it was after a biowarfare attack on America by Russia, all I'm looking for is the author. I know one of the books was: Phoenix-Green Hell
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:41 pm

LOL no it's a series of 7 or so books, paperback. It's fiction.
Back to top Go down
impaler
Admin
impaler

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:26 pm

i'm sooooooo tired...and the only words of wisdom i can think of right now is "Don't drink water...fish fulk in it" Very Happy maybe later i'll get more serious...but i think ..NOT
Back to top Go down
http://www.pensiuneadunca.ro
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:05 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Ha, gut day to you

Wise man once said: "Man with tool in woman's mouth not allways dentist, man with hand in bush not allways gardener, man who squirts in tart not allways baker" Wise man was Confusious great philosopher.

Confusious allso say: "Man who slip in shower now also know that soap is slippery"

Tank you

circledance
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Hmmmmmmmm, i'm speechless !!! What do U think Ironman? lol! spank
Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Ha! At last my words of Wisdom inspires speechlessness among my listeners cheerlead Go Wolfie Go Wolfie Go Wolfie Go cheerlead
Back to top Go down
Storm
Overseerer
Storm

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:23 am

LOLz
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:47 pm

[i]LMAO bloodsucker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Words of Wisdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words of Wisdom   Words of Wisdom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[( THE AVENGERS )] :: TIKI BAR :: What's New?-
Jump to: