[( THE AVENGERS )]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[( THE AVENGERS )]

Our Fun Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite character

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Favourite character Empty
PostSubject: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:07 am

So people I've been reading, replying and waiting, but nobody brought this up.

Who is your favourite cartoon characters? I have loads of them for their own reasons, I would like to compare my tastes with other people. So I'll give a list of my top 10 and hope that I get some feedback on this.

1. Wolverine
2. Venom
3. Ghost Rider
4. LOBO
5. Silver Surfer
6. Batman
7. Thanos
8. Magneto
9. Spiderman
10. Superman

Well maybe I should explain my list:

Wolverine: He's just the toughest SOB there is, close to unstoppable, the biggest enemies he has is Magneto and Sabretooth, in the end he kills them both, he even kills the woman he loves, Jean Grey because she pratically begged him to and that the man who was supposed to love her, Cyclops, didn't have the guts to do whats right.

Venom: He's just a cool guy. Vicious, close to unbeatable, incredibly strong and still won't kill innocent people, just Spiderman.

Ghost Rider: The hellfire demon who hunts demons, 'nuff said. Impervious to pain, nigh unstoppable and quite an arsenal of weaponry at his disposal.

LOBO: This mad guy who stood toe-to-toe with Superman and slugged it out, a vicious killer with an appetite for ladies. My kinda guy.

Silver Surfer: 3 words: The Power Cosmic. This herald of Galactus, who stood up to his master to save Earth, proud and strong, the true superhero.

Batman: The Dark Knight, the detective with ninja training and high tech equipment. What's not to like about this man who would forever be haunted by deaths that he could not prevent. Sure it makes him an emo guy, but still he fights harder to let justice prevail.

Thanos: The man who courts Death, he is just one powerfull MoFo, sure take away his powers and strength and he's just a zombie, but hey isn't that what makes comics fun?

Magneto: The Master Of Magnetism. This mutant wants what's best for mutant kind, just like Charles Xavier, his old friend, but his means is a bit more....direct than the peacefull X-Men leader. He's powerfull and know how to gather support from his own ranks. It's quite unclear how Magneto can still be so vibrant after allmost 50 years, but then again he is a comic book character :-)

Spiderman: The talkative web-slinger who has many friends and more enemies. After having his DNA remoddeled by a spider bite, he became a cult hit. Everybody loves Spidey, apart from the people and entities who wants him dead. 'nuff said about this mad hatter

Superman: The Man Of Steel, who becomes as weak as a baby and could even die when he comes in contact with Kryptonite and Doomsday. Why is he last on my list? I don't like his Boy Scout behaviour, he cannot kill only save and it's true: With great power does come great responsibility, but if a man who has all the resources he needs want to kill you then I would leave him in space to die. Yes I'm talking about Lex Luthor. This guy irritates the jeeves ou of me.

Well there you go, post back and let's have a see who like who

Last edited by DeathsKnight on Mon May 05, 2008 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Very impressive list DeathsKnight! cheers

Here's Mine

Black Widow

Prevented HYDRA from obtaining Logan (Wolverine Vol. 2 #-1, 1997)
Encountered Ben Grimm and Logan (Before the Fantastic Four: Ben Grimm & Logan #1-3, 2000)
Sent by K.G.B. to kill Anton Vanko, met Tony Stark (Tales of Suspense Vol. 1 #52, 1964)
Stole Stark’s anti-gravity device (Tales of Suspense Vol. 1 #53, 1964)
Met Hawkeye and duped him into battling Iron Man (Tales of Suspense Vol. 1 #57, 1964)
Received costume and weapons (Tales of Suspense Vol. 1 #60, 1964)
Brainwashed by K.G.B., reunited with Hawkeye (Avengers Vol. 1 #29-30, 1966)
Discovered husband had become Red Guardian, witnessed his death (Avengers Vol.1 #43-44, 1967)
Adopted all-black costume (Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #86, 1970)
First met Daredevil (Daredevil Vol. 1 #81, 1971)
Moved to San Francisco with Matt (Daredevil Vol. 1 #86 1972)
Joined the Avengers (Avengers Vol.1 #111, 1973)
Broke up with Daredevil (Daredevil Vol. 1 #124, 1975)
Founded the Champions (Champions #1, 1975)
Killed by the Hand, resurrected by Stone (Daredevil Vol. 1 #187-190, 1982-1983)
Fought Vindiktor (Shadows & Light #1, 1998)
Met Black Widow II (Black Widow Vol. 1 #1-3, 1999)
Traded identities with Yelena Belova (Black Widow Vol. 2 #1-3, 2001)
Natasha Romanoff remains one of the world’s most accomplished hand-to-hand combatants, and is quite possibly the most skilled espionage agent alive, still in high demand with S.H.I.E.L.D., though the U.S. government recently attempted to turn her over to the government of Bulgaria in exchange for having the Viper released to the United States. Her most recent S.H.I.E.L.D. assignment has been to trace the whereabouts of the Tinkerer during a plot to investigate the financing of super-villains in America by foreign nations, possibly Latveria.
Considering herself to be the last Avenger, Natasha embarked upon a personal mission to bring down all of the Avengers’ former enemies, including the Grey Gargoyle and the Masters of Evil. She again encountered Daredevil at this time, who was concerned with her mental state as he witnessed her obsessive hunting of the grey Gargoyle. Natasha’s presence in Daredevil’s life again complicated his relationship with Karen Page, which at that time was still being rebuilt. Although Natasha was willing to rekindle their relationship, she acknowledged that Karen was the woman Matt loved and nobly allowed them their space. Later on, she even offered to assist Karen after she had been framed for by Mr. Fear.

Batman
Wolverine
Silver Surfer
Ghost Rider
Superman

Merlin
There is a great deal of mystery surrounding the history of the beings who have become known as Merlin. The first of these is the legendary wizard, prophet, and advisor who served King Arthur Pendragon of Camelot in the Sixth Century A.D. This Merlin is said to be the son of a demon and the beautiful virgin daughter of Canaan, King of Dyfed, an area of Wales. (Possibly Canaan derived his name from the legendary Cimmerian warrior king of ages past.) It has been said that Merlin's birth was planned by Satan himself to bring into the world a superhuman, half-demonic, half-human being to menace mankind. The demon took the form of a handsome knight to seduce Canaan's daughter and impregnate her. But when she realized that her seducer might be a demon, she consulted her priest, who blessed her and had her drink holy water. She took a vow of chastity, and, after giving birth to Merlin, became a nun. Thus, it is said, she prevented Merlin from being born with an innate tendency to serve evil.
For years Merlin served Arthur as his chief advisor and magical protector. After Arthur broke the magic sword in battle, Merlin took him to the lake where the faerie known as the Lady of the Lake gave Arthur the enchanted sword Excalibur. It was also Merlin who arranged on Arthur's request for the young king to marry Guenevere although Merlin, with his prophetic powers, warned Arthur that this marriage would lead to disasters at Camelot, from which Arthur ruled.

Before his marriage, Arthur made love to Queen Morgause, unaware that she was his half-sister. Merlin warned Arthur that she would bear him a son, Mordred, who would be responsible for the end of Camelot. Arthur tried to have the infant Mordred killed, but he was saved and raised in anonymity.

It was Merlin who taught the magical arts to another of Arthur's half-sisters, Morgan le Fey. Morgan promised to become Merlin's mistress if he taught her magic, but she did not keep her word to him. Instead, she became one of Arthur's greatest foes.

According to most accounts, a short time after Arthur's marriage to Guenevere, Merlin fell in love with Nimue, a faerie sorceress who either was or had served the Lady of the Lake. Merlin revealed many of his magic secrets to Nimue, who, tiring of him, imprisoned him within an enchanted cave where he fell into suspended animation. However, Merlin is known to have lived at Camelot after Mordred became an adult. Hence, either he somehow escaped the cave before Mordred arrived at Camelot, or he was imprisoned by Nimue years after Moralrod's arrival.

Van Helsing ( Well i know this is a weird choice but still LOVE him)

Set in the late 19th century, "Van Helsing" finds Stoker's legendary monster hunter summoned to a distant and dangerous Eastern European land on a quest to vanquish evil. For the first time since the 40s, Dracula, the Frankenstein monster and the Wolf Man will return to the screen along with Van Helsing.

legendary monster hunter born in the pages of Bram Stoker’s Dracula. In his ongoing battle to rid the world of its fiendish creatures, Van Helsing, on the order of a secret society, travels to Transylvania to bring down the lethally seductive, enigmatically powerful Count Dracula (Richard Roxbough) and joins forces with the fearless Anna Valerious (Kate Beckinsale), out to rid her family of a generations-old curse by defeating the vampire. Also populating Sommers’ dense canvas are: Tony Award winner Shuler Hensley as Dr. Frankenstein’s misunderstood monster; former Matthew Bourne company leading dancer Will Kemp as Velkan, Anna’s stalwart brother who transforms under the full moon into the Wolf Man; Kevin J. O’Connor as Dr. Frankenstein’s loyal yet treacherous assistant, Igor; David Wenham as Carl, a friar entrusted with ensuring Van Helsing’s safe return; and Elena Anaya, Silvia Colloca and Josie Maran as Dracula’s three bloodthirsty brides who will stop at nothing to help their master in his plan to subvert human civilization and rule over a world of havoc, fear and darkness.

THOR
Descended from Norse gods, Thor nearly started a war by violating a truce with his family's ancient enemy --the Frost Giants. Odin, his father, banished the young god of thunder to Earth without his memory, to teach Thor how to behave as a mere mortal. After a decade as an earthly doctor, Donald Blake was drawn to Norway, and a subsequent encounter with a race of warmongering aliens. While hiding out in a cave, Blake found a mysterious wooden cane that turned out to be the enchanted hammer Mjolnir -- which transformed him back into the mighty Thor. He drove off the alien invaders and took his place with the Avengers. Shaking off the Blake persona, Thor was soon forced to assume the human identity of EMS technician Jake Olsen. Thor is forever torn between his divine home -- the hallowed halls of Asgard -- and the troubled lands of his adopted home, Earth.
Thor's principal weapon is the enchanted hammer Mjolnir, one of the most formidable weapons known to man or god. Among the hammer's various enchantments are its indestructibility and the ability to summon all the elements of storm (wind, rain, thunder, and lightning). His hammer can be thrown both as a means of flight, and as a weapon that always returns to its wielder's hand. Thor's superhuman strength is matched with an immunity to all human diseases, superhuman speed, agility, and simulated flight when he hurls his enchanted hammer Mjolnir.

Phoenix
The Phoenix Force is a manifestation of a primal force of the universe which derives from the psyches of all living beings in the universe, and which therefore has limitless power. The Phoenix Force embodies emotion rather than intellect, specifically, the passion to create or destroy.
Phoenix II has the ability to exist in any environment without harm, project force bolts of incalculable power and create force fields. She also possesses the power of telepathy, illusion-casting; her link with the Phoenix force gives her vast psionic ability to manipulate time, space, matter, and energy for virtually any purpose.

Source of superhuman powers: (innate telepathic abilities) genetic mutation, (other psionic powers). Rachel Summers is a host for the Phoenix Force, a manifestation of a primal force of the universe which embodies the concepts of life and passion, especially the passion to create and destroy, and derives its power from the psyches of all living beings in the universe

PERSONAL choices are Phoenix & Black Widow because 3 Men have backstabbed me in this Game and I became the Phoenix first to show them they will never rule over Me as I will return stronger & more powerful and the Black Widow id for obvoius reasons !
lol! vanishvamp jedi cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Have you read the Van Helsing comics yet?? Now that makes for some weird reading indeed
Back to top Go down
impaler
Admin
impaler

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 1:48 pm

so come on people .. choose your favourite character:) i'm sure u see 1 u like...if not, just type www.google.com ... u know what to do from there
Back to top Go down
http://www.pensiuneadunca.ro

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Welllll you could search for Allucard. He's the ultimate in Vampires vanishvamp
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:31 pm

SUPERHERO theme !!!!! No i haven't red any comics in yrs. lol! I read a lot of books does that count? queen bloodsucker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:04 pm

If books counted I'd be the undisputed comic book reader in SA. lol!

I see that not many people have anything to say about their fav cartoon characters. That's quite sad
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Well we have to kick em in the butt just to register/ still have 3 not registered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:58 am

Well I want to know who Ironman and Impaler favours. C'mon guys, you can't set the rules and ignore a simple request by lil 'ol me Sad
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:10 pm

HMMMMMMM, what a brave soul calling out the Leaders. I give you A+ for all your posts & gumption !!!! lol! I'd like 2 know 2 Guys. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:48 pm

No reply as of yet. *sighs*
Back to top Go down
Storm
Overseerer
Storm

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:35 pm

I gotta say... im a very loyal X-men gal. but i'm in a Love Hate war with Marvel just cos they wont do the character pairings properly. also im pissed that they married Storm off to Black Panther. sorry if im hurting anyone's feelings but i am totally against the idea of Storm and the Black Panther being married. grrr.... but since there's nothing i can do i just log on to my Fav. Fanfiction site and read frm there.

anyway, as you guys can see im a BIG Storm fan. From the moment i set my eyes on the X-men i've been hooked onto her. I was kinda disappointed in the way they portrayed Storm in the movies though. they made her look like a total loser. i mean come on... everyone know she can fight without using her powers. even before she met with Logan she already had her basics on how to fight from her time in Cairo as a street urchin. urgh. dun even get me started on the movie. if i could give the directors of the 3 movies a piece of my mind... the first thing i'll do is throw a bunch of comics on their laps and make them read before directing the movie the way they did. they totally messed it up.

anyway, i think i've ranted enough about the movie. here's my top 5 fav X-men of all time.

1.Storm
2.Wolverine
3.Psylocke
4.Gambit
5.Kitty Pryde
Back to top Go down
BlackWidowAdmin
Admin
BlackWidowAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:22 pm

O.K. STORMY, what about other superheroes? Any Fav's there? lol! I like the x-men too, of course you know who my fav is there !!! Who's the first to guess???????
Back to top Go down
Storm
Overseerer
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:46 am

Ur x-men fav. is Phoenix. DUH! anyway.. about the other superheroes... i cant say much actually cos i dun really watch any other superhero shows or read other comics. which is totally understandable in my country as finding a decent Comic book store here is like looking for water in the desert. seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:24 pm

Wow a fullblown X-Men follower. Nice going Storm, I agree that they messed up the movies, but I think they did put in a few truths. But I agree, Storm isn't portrayed as the Storm we know, or maybe Halle Berry didn't want to chip a nail. Even Wolverine isn't that viscious guy I know, I mean come on!! Wolvie is a wild animal, not a love sick pup. The only characters they did portray correctly in my opinion is: Prof Charles Xavier, Magneto aka Magnus/Eric Leshner, Jean Grey, Cyclops aka Scott Summers, Mystique aka Raven Darkholme, Colosus aka Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin and maybe Sabretooth aka Victor Creed.

You must also realize that the producers had to apeal to a wider audience, some don't even know who the X-Men is (it's a shame, but it's true) so maybe they played around with the storyline and characters?
Back to top Go down
Storm
Overseerer
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:42 pm

yeah i gotta agree with you. but i was pissed about the whole X3 movie. i mean they made it look like Jean Grey 'EVOLVED' into the Phoenix. with is TOTALLY IDIOTIC!. im sorry but i should let it be known that im not a big Jean Grey fan. so maybe im a bit biased on this. but i still cant believe the circus they made out of X3. its bad enough they made Wolverine a love-sick puppy as you said but with Jean and the Phoenix... i mean URGH! the Phoenix is a totally different being on its own. and to make it look like Jean Grey somehow 'Evolved' her powers to be the Phoenix is RIDICULOUS! i know for a fact that the Phoenix can possess anyone it wants to and the power boots comes form the Phoenix and NOT from the mutant itself.

but as you said Wolverine, i guess they had to play around with the character and the storyline so that its not confusing for those that arent X-men followers. but the bottom line for me is that they totally made the X-men movies into a preview for the Wolverine movies. its like a teaser that says "This is what you can look forward too in the Wolverine movies." cos the X-men movie storyline was kinda in one way or another based around Wolverine. not that theres anything wrong with that its just that its suppose to be a X-MEN movie. not a Wolverine movie. he has another WHOLE other world away from the X-men.

i dunno. maybe its just me but thats how i feel about the X-men movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:38 am

I do think that the movies was evolved around Wolfie, but in retrospect, Cyclops is weak; Jean Grey is the hot girl; Storm (sorry but this is how I see it) is Xavier's follow up and more the emo girl; Rogue is scared; Iceman is a new face and not that strong; Beast is a diplomat; Xavier never is a huge roleplayer in the comics, he's the guy you run to when you have a problem; Collosus is still a kid; Shadowcat is also a kid and is missing her home (which is the same a Collosus' because she is his sister) that leaves us with Wolverine. He is the most dangerous of them all, only people who can actually hurt him is Jean Grey and Xavier (telekenesis), ShadowCat (Intangibility) and perhaps Rogue, but he can kill her before she uses her powers on him. He is also the ultimate soldier, needing to get in close and personal for his blades to do the talking and the audience loves hand-to-hand combat, but he has a weakness and it's called Jean Grey.

He in fact IS a love sick puppy when it concerns the red heaired lady and he actually does kill her in the comic books as well, so the only character that they did keep as close as possible to the comic series is Wolverine. In that light you can say that the whole X-Men trilogy was a conspiracy to market X-men Origins: Wolverine, but in my opinion I think that they succeeded.

I'd say that if they want to continue the X-Men franchise, they should get closer to the comic books and create the characters as they are.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Overseerer
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:05 pm

man... i couldnt get pass the words 'cyclops is WEAK.' hahaha. that just had me goin. i seem to think he's a pansy. but thats just weird ol' me.

anyway i kinda lost interest in X-men since they started tossing Storm all over the place in different comics. what really gave me a HUGE 'WTF' was when they married her off to Black Panther. that part kinda threw me off. i could imagine her taking charge in place of Prof. X or running her own team. but never married off to be someone else's "sidekick". i just never figured her to be married to ANYONE for that matter. always thought she'd be one of those who stands alone till the end of time. hahaha. kinda like Logan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite character   Favourite character Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite character
Page 1 of 1